We believe that the way we reach our customers is as important as the product we choose to sell, and following this mission, the referred position will be responsible for the Order Management process in the region of scope, from order collection to order delivery and returns, to ensure optimal service level and customer satisfaction. Working in close collaboration with the local Sales Manager, Sales department, Store Manager, Customers and various different stakeholders, the Customer Service Representative will be responsible for driving outstanding customer satisfaction at optimal costs, being the main link between the customer and the company, in order to respond to the business needs.
1. Main Responsibilities / Tasks
- Act as main link between the company and the customers. Ensure an effective communication and mutual understanding. Focus on understanding our customer’s needs.
- Update and maintain customer accounts in the systems.
- Collect and follow up customer orders. Ensure a close follow up of daily order entering and guarantee strict order management accuracy.
- Follow up on specific payment terms; align all necessary documentation to the specific payment method.
- Issuing of local documentation including Invoice, Delivery Note, Certificates and verifications when necessary.
- Order tracking and follow up until delivery.
- Work with Supply Chain daily to ensure smooth deliveries, ensuring that appropriate documents are at the right place at the right time (BoL, LC, Legalization DOCs, CoC. etc...).
- Liaise with external agencies to comply with required legal export processes & documentation (e.g. BV inspections)
- Ensure prices, discounts and customer conditions are updated in the system, to avoid delayed payment caused by pricing errors.
- Plan and manage activities of the customer service team to meet the needs of customers and support area operations.
- Prepare and coordinate orders outlook as input to planning forecast, warehousing operation forecast and transport forecast.
- Maintain a weekly shipment outlook and lead weekly/ monthly meetings with all stakeholders to review order status, priorities and challenges.
- Maintain regular meetings with key customers and sales team to review service levels and requirements and following through on action plans to further improve service.
- Track customer claims and ensure a daily follow-up of outstanding items. Investigate claims and set action plans to prevent re-occurrence.
- Focus constantly on service level performance improvement.
- Maintain procedures, establish standards, and administrate activities to assure accurate order entry, efficient shipment tracking, and timely delivery of products to customers.
- Define and implement tools and reports in order to measure the Customer Service activity and its performance.
1. Key Performance Indicators / Key Figures
- Speed of reactivity in order processing
- Effective communication & status feedback with both customers and internal team
- Informing customers of availability, ETD & (proposed) changes in timely manner
- Effective coordination with internal customers (Finance, Marketing & Sales) to ensure alignment and minimize potential issues and delays
- Order completion with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Company Sales targets (shared)
- Service Level - Value Fill Rate: 97%
- Service Level - Ship On Time: 90%
- Service Level - On Time In Full: 60%
- Customer Claims Solved On Time: 95%
Returns and rejections rate: TBC
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as Customer Service representative or in a Logistics department
- Experience in Export Department - Familiarity with processes of Export Sales
- International Company experience as the knowledge of international transport & flows is key
- Experience of working in multi-functional teams
- Experience on FMCG company within Customer Service Team desired.
- Knowledge of SAGE/JDE system advantage.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Develops and improves Customer Service processes. Makes sure that all processes are align to the SC Strategy.
- Is creative; challenge the status quo.
- Technical savvy
- Fluency in English and French is a must
- Export processes and incoterms.
- Knowledge of how to deal with export customers and distributors.
- Experience of various order processing software tools.
- Understanding of ERP functionalities.
- Knowledge on Customer Service practices and principles.
- Intermediate to advance Excel knowledge
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.