Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning for a potential USAID-funded new integrated health (malaria, maternal and child health and family planning) activity in Cote d’Ivoire.
This position is subject to project award and funding. The Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning is responsible for the following : 1.
Design, implement and oversee the M&E system including the development of indicators, setting targets, monitoring project progress, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports in compliance with USAID systems.
provide evidence based strategic technical guidance to the project, and document project performance against established outputs and indicators.
3. Oversee the implementation of the project’s health information system (HIS) efforts, including the implementation and use of MSH DHIS2-based information system.
4. Enhance data use for decision making to improve performance of the project, maximizing health impact. 5. Building the capacity of the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders in the collection, utilization, and dissemination of data, and in building and using sustainable HIS.
6. Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and / or outcomes for documentation, and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
1. Masters’ degree in public health, epidemiology, statistics or other related field. 2. Extensive experience in designing and implementing M&E activities and special studies for complex health programs of similar size and scope to HSS in developing countries.
3. Master capacity in DHIS2, and experience in developing and using health information systems. 4. Extensive experience working in developing countries, preferably in Western Africa.
5. Familiarity with the structure, systems and policies of the health sector in Cote d’Ivoire. 6. Experience using a Collaborative Learning Plan to inform activity implementation.
7. Strong technical knowledge of M&E methodologies. 8. Good knowledge of the health information systems in Cote d’Ivoire.
9. Ability to develop and oversee a strong M&E system that collects data related to improved local governance, financial management capacity, service delivery, etc, at the regional, district, and community levels.
10. Ability to analyze and interpret large amounts of data and clearly present it to decision-makers. 11. Fluency in French and strong English language skills.
Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English. 12. Must be willing to travel within Cote d’Ivoire.
Local nationals of Cote d’Ivoire are encouraged to apply. Applications are only accepted online. MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
EEO is the Law English EEO is the Law Spanish EEO is the Law Supplement Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster MSH EEO-AA Policy